无与伦比的恩惠

Monday, December 20, 2010

Learning Vietnamese

with 2 comments
I never thought that I will learn Vietnamese before. I heard about Vietnam from my friends who had been there, but it doesn't have anything to do with me, and I am not really interested with Vietnam as well. Some said Vietnam is a very beautiful country, but compare to other countries such as Rome, Egypt, America, and Australia. I think I will never choose Vietnam as my travel spot.

How interesting. I never been the country, I never know about their culture, I never listen to their music, I never watch their drama or movie, I don’t know the people, but I learn their language.

Human’s mind change from time to time. I knew that, but I got shock, when I realized mine. I use to think that English is the only language I need to master, I can communicate with those higher raking people by
using English, and that’s all. Enough! Why do I need to learn other languages? It doesn't seem beneficial me in anyway, right? But I am learning simple Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Thailand and so on right now. Lol~ I found I love languages.

Imagine, one day in Vietnam I can communicate well with the people and telling them, I am Malaysian who can speak Chinese, English, Korean, Cantonese and Malay but I can communicate with them with their languages as well. Wow~ how interesting.

However, my Vietnamese standard is … worst than 2 years old baby in Vietnam I guess… I guess …
Vietnamese complete vowels:
A Ă Â
E Ê
O Ơ Ô
I Y
U Ư
Why Vietnamese is hard? I think I know the reason. Chinese only has 4 phonetic. But Vietnamese is 5 or more precisely 6. Some more, 6 phonetic can combine with each other to make more sound. Such as   ̀̀̀̉  ̉̃ ̉̃  ̣̉̃́  ̉̀̃́  ̃́̃́ (I bet you can't understand it :P) 

Just imagine, how many possible combination of 6 phonetic and also abundant of exception? That’s why, Vietnamese is hard. He he. I am dying but that's fine. I still enjoy while I am dying. Ha ha.

2 comments :

  1. hi,I'm Boey, this is my first time reading your blog. Nice to meet you.
    I actually wonder where did you learn Vietnamese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you Vietnamese? I learn from my Vietnam friend :)

      Delete

Life is Good

Life is Good

Vietnam Coffee lover 2014

Vietnam Coffee lover 2014

Love angel in Perhentian 2014

Love angel in Perhentian 2014

First Marathon Hwaiting 2014

First Marathon Hwaiting 2014

Penang Art Street 2014

Penang Art Street 2014

Legoland Johor Bahru 2013

Legoland Johor Bahru 2013

Mt.Kinabalu I made it! 2013

Mt.Kinabalu I made it! 2013

KLCC tower 2013

KLCC tower 2013

Romance about wedding 2012

Romance about wedding 2012

Korean Traditional 한복 2010

Korean Traditional 한복 2010

Autumn in my heart 2010

Autumn in my heart 2010