无与伦比的恩惠

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A true life story: Out of the harbour

with 0 Comment
The journey of JiaMin Choo with Doulos began when she first heard the calling from God on 22 Jun 2003. This book (Out of the harbour) reminds how God once called me to serve Him when I was a teenager.

JiaMin heard God’s calling when she was 21 and she decided to response God’s calling immediately. Nevertheless, though I have heard His calling, but I am now still struggling pursuing this and that on earth.

“Here I am Lord, is it I Lord?
I have heard your calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if you lead me,
I will hold your people in my heart!” – Here I am Lord

What JiaMin concerned the most was the financial support for her family as she came from single parent family since her father passed away. Being full-time missionary means no financial security, what was her concerned is actually one of my concerns as well.

I feel touch of JiaMin’s mother’s sharing. She said to JiaMin:"Since your father died, all I wanted was to bring up three of you (JiaMin and siblings) to walk in God’s way."

Sometimes, we talk too much about love and care; we talk about the method to love and so on. However, often we forget the main aim is actually bringing people to walk in God’s way.

Another sharing from Pastor Paul is very touching as well. He said: "Let the church fulfill its role to take care of the missionaries and their families."

In deep, I love my family. When I response to God's calling, doing God’s will to share the gospel to the world, what about my family? Is there anyone would help me to take care of my family? Do they love my family as I love the people of God? Thus, I think what the pastor said is very touching.

To be continue…

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Life is Good

Life is Good

Vietnam Coffee lover 2014

Vietnam Coffee lover 2014

Love angel in Perhentian 2014

Love angel in Perhentian 2014

First Marathon Hwaiting 2014

First Marathon Hwaiting 2014

Penang Art Street 2014

Penang Art Street 2014

Legoland Johor Bahru 2013

Legoland Johor Bahru 2013

Mt.Kinabalu I made it! 2013

Mt.Kinabalu I made it! 2013

KLCC tower 2013

KLCC tower 2013

Romance about wedding 2012

Romance about wedding 2012

Korean Traditional 한복 2010

Korean Traditional 한복 2010

Autumn in my heart 2010

Autumn in my heart 2010